The American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) and the FCS Credentialing Center proudly offers a premier national Pre-Professional Assessment and Certification (Pre-PAC) program that is
The Pre-PAC portfolio of standards-based assessments and industry-recognized certifications are designed to help satisfy the growing emphasis on
- assessment and accountability in secondary and postsecondary education, including requirements for Perkins funding for Career and Technical Education, and
- credentials as a human resource and quality control tool in employment settings throughout the career ladder.
Pre-PAC offers benefits to individuals, secondary and postsecondary education programs, employers, and community-based programs.
Individuals benefit by receiving:
- Immediate, individualized feedback upon completion of the assessment.
- Competency validation to document their knowledge and skills and to improve employability.
- Recognition and value through industry-recognized pre-professional certifications.
- An advantage in obtaining articulated credit or credit-by-exam at post-secondary institutions.
Secondary and Post-Secondary Education Programs benefit by having a reliable tool to:
- Measure the effectiveness of preparing individuals to meet rigorous content standards and current business and industry standards.
- Provide data to meet accountability requirements.
- Recognize the achievement of their students.
- Target instructional adjustments that are based on performance results for overall program improvement.
Click here for a brief video to learn more about using
Pre-PAC to meet Perkins Requirements
Employers and Community-Based Programs benefit by gaining the ability to:
- Validate competencies required for employment at the pre-professional level.
- Recognize the achievement of their employees or clients.
- Enhance efforts to provide targeted staff development based on performance results.
Click here for background information on the Pre-PAC program
For More Information:
Contact Lori Myers (Director of Pre-PAC)
Phone: 1-800-424-8080 or 703-706-4600
Pre-PAC Fax Line: 703-636-7648