AAFCS Examinations Used for Texas FCS Teacher Certification
The American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) is proud to provide testing services to the State of Texas to validate the content area knowledge and skills of candidates pursuing one of the state’s Family and Consumer Sciences teacher certifications/licenses. AAFCS provides gold standard, computer-based assessments and professional certifications program designed to:
- assure the public that family and consumer sciences professionals have attained a threshold level of knowledge and competence in family and consumer sciences subject matter that enables them to perform services as defined by the profession;
- foster excellence in the family and consumer sciences profession and to develop criteria for assessing such excellence; and
- promote the professional growth of individuals in family and consumer sciences by encouraging a systematic program of certification, professional development and continuing education.
Please click here to access the Candidate Information Bulletin and Study Guide to provide general information and assist in preparation for the following exams:
- 200 – Family and Consumer Sciences – Composite Examination
- 201 – Hospitality, Nutrition, and Food Science Concentration Examination
- 202 – Human Development and Family Studies Concentration Examination
Complete the online application and registration. Click here access the online examination application registration system.