2012 AAFCS Awards Program
AAFCS is proud to offer a variety of awards to recognize outstanding family and consumer sciences professionals and to honor other individuals or organizations for their work to improve the lives of individuals, families, and communities. Award winners are recognized each year during the AAFCS Annual Conference.
Links to this page:
Links to public policy web pages:
Link to a development web page:
Please note: The schedule is subject to change due to many factors, including market fluctuations.
Questions? Take a look at our frequently asked questions page.
Link to award winners:
Excellence in Extension Award
This award (formerly the Extension 2000 Award) honors outstanding Extension System programs that enable people to improve their lives and communities through learning partnerships. Program areas include: nutrition, health and environment; human development and family resiliency; and, family and consumer resource management.
Excellene in Extension Award Guidelines
Excellence in Extension Nomination Form
The Leaders Award began with the AAFCS 75th anniversary in 1984 when it was established to identify and honor family and consumer sciences professionals who have made significant contributions to the field through their involvement with AAFCS.
Leaders Award Guidelines
National Teacher of the Year Award
The National Teacher of the Year Award identifies and recognizes exemplary family and consumer sciences teachers who exhibit a deep commitment to the profession and to the Association. These teachers have outstanding educational programs that utilize methods, techniques, and activities integrated into the curriculum to provide the stimulus for and give visibility to family and consumer sciences elementary and secondary education.
National Teacher of the Year Guidelines
National Teacher of the Year Evaluation Criteria
National Teacher of the Year Nomination Form
New Achievers Award
The New Achievers Award was introduced in 1984 to recognize emerging professionals who have shown potential for making significant contributions in the field of family and consumer sciences.
New Achievers Award Guidelines
- An award is defined as a merit honor based on performance and on contributions to the field of family and consumer sciences.
- A grant is defined as financial support given for research studies in family and consumer sciences.
- A fellowship is financial support from an endowment given to a student for graduate study in family and consumer sciences.
- A scholarship is financial support from an endowment given to a student for undergraduate study in family and consumer sciences.
- If a particular award, grant, fellowship, or scholarship is not listed in the 2012 programs section of the website as being offered in 2012, it is not being offered in 2012 (even if it was offered in the past!)
- An award, grant, fellowship, or scholarship that is not offered in 2012 will be offered again in the future.
- If no qualified candidate is identified for a particular award, grant, fellowship, or scholarship offered in 2012, it will not be awarded in 2012.
- AAFCS reserves the first right of refusal to publish any developed materials resulting from AAFCS awards, grants, fellowships, or scholarships.