"Dining In" for Higher Ed
In addition to the general suggestions on how to participate in Family & Consumer Sciences Day, there are many more specific ways that family and consumer sciences higher education professionals can promote this special event!
- Ask your students to “Dine In” on December 3rd! Give "Dining In" stickers to all who commit.
- If students will not be with their families on December 3rd, encourage them to get together with their roommates and friends to prepare a healthy meal together.
- Hang a “Dining In” poster where the most students will see it.
- Print “Dining In” flyers for your students to take home.
- Share information about Family & Consumer Sciences Day with university/college publications.
- Prepare simple, healthy meals in your food lab prior to Family & Consumer Sciences Day.
- Customize the proclamation template and ask the person in charge of your unit to declare Family & Consumer Sciences Day!
- Customize the press release template to share how your university/college celebrated and send to local media.
Please feel free to be creative and come up with ideas that work for best for your university or community. If you’d like to share your ideas with us, email firstname.lastname@example.org.