Putting Research Into Practice
- "Why Do They Do What They Do? Using Popular Media to Demonstrate Concepts Related to Adolescent Development"
Presented by Holly Kihm
- "Nutrient Dense and Healthful Refueling Concepts: Strategies for Weight Management"
Presented by Ingrid Adams, Hazel Forsythe, Kimberly Archer, and Celina Carson
- "Exploring Textiles: Working Outside the Hood"
Presented by Janis White
- "Building Cultural Competency in Pre-Service FCS Teachers Through Service-Learning"
Presented by Jennifer Banning
- "Taking It To The Streets: Impact of Obesity on Life"
Presented by Mary Behrendt and Marcia Fouraker
- "Creating Personal Advantage Through AAFCS Professional Certification Credentials"
Presented by Susan Turgeson, Cheryl Robinson, and Debbie Johnson
- "Let's Lead By Example: What FCS Professionals Need to Know and Do About Debit Card Fraud in the 21st Century"
Presented by Axton Betz and Laura Lucas
- "M&Ms: Minerals & Consumers"
Presented by Carole Makela and Joy Branlund
- "Professionals Connect Through Alternative Break Opportunities: Exploring Native American Reservation Life"
Presented by Margaret Torrie and Michelle Hunger
- "Transforming Students Into Corporate Leaders Through Tri-Dimensional Learning Strategies"
Presented by Raedene Copeland
- "Tips for Creating a Quality Conference Proposal"
Presented by members of the Annual Conference Planning Advisory Committee
Back to Top
- "Using Popular Movies to Enhance Learning"
Presented by Melanie Tracy Burns
- "Email Challenges and Use of Technology to Improve Healthy Eating and Physical Activity"
Presented by Patricia Brinkman, Lisa Barlage, and Michelle Treber
- "Learning Outcomes From a Student-Coordinated Fashion Show" Presented by Elisabeth Reed, Jennifer Banning, and Hae Jin Gam
- "Teaching Secondary FCS With an Appreciation for Diversity"
Presented by Gail McMillon
- "Lifespan Wellness: The Mini-Magazine"
Presented by Norma Nealeigh
- "Lead the Way With Pre-Professional Assessment and Certification (Pre-PAC)
Presented by AAFCS Director of Pre-Professional Assessment and Certification (Pre-PAC) and Manager of the FCS Research Center Lori Myers
- "Financial Education Boot Camp: Building Capacity to Teach Personal Finance"
Presented by Barbara O'Neill
- "Kindle Your Career"
Presented by Karol Blaylock and Sally Fortenberry
- "Service-Learning Projects at the Collegiate Level: Professional Mentors with Undergraduates"
Presented by Julie Gomboc-Turyan, Terri Owens, Marion Henry, and Eun Jin Hwang
- "Facilitating Student Creativity and Collaboration Through Building Analysis, Music, and Spatial Models"
Presented by Denise Bertoncino and Holly Page-Sagehorn
Back to Top
- "The Role of Family: In-patient Brief Interventions for Smoking Cessation"
Presented by Monica Kimbrell, Peggy Meszaros, Donna Bond, and Rebecca Clark
- "Collaborative Instruction to Improve Student Learning in University Apparel Courses"
Presented by Jennifer Banning and Hae Jin Gam
- "What the Best FCS Instructors Do!"
Presented by Renee Ryburn and Mary Harlan T
- "Blue Plate Special: Creating a Successful Online Food Preparation Class" Presented by Allen Powell
- "Accreditation and the FCS Body of Knowledge"
Presented by Angela Radford Lewis
- "Retirement Planning for Entrepreneurs and the Self-Employed"
Presented by Nancy Granovsky
- "Connecting Professionals, Changing Perspectives: Using Simulation to Broaden Worldview of Diversity"
Presented by Kathleen Heiden and Tammy Harpel
- "Immersion in Long Term Care: An Integrative Learning Experience" Presented by Jacquelyn Frank and Sheila Gruel
- "Modern Ceremonial Dress and the Cultural Identity of Contemporary Southeastern American Indians"
Presented by Beth Bell
Back to Top
Back to Top