Participants in the AAFCS 104th Annual Conference will be able to:
- Identify research-based characteristics of family and individual resiliency across the lifespan.
- Showcase family and consumer sciences programs that help families adapt successfully to societal changes.
- Examine ways for all families to become more resilient, including extended and blended families.
- Identify the dimensions of well-being from a family and consumer sciences perspective.
- Showcase methods for sustaining well-being through family and consumer sciences knowledge base and practice.
- Examine methods for maintaining strong nutritional and health standards for families.
- Showcase family and consumer sciences programs that help families make informed decisions for health and wellness.
- Determine the dimensions of well-being within the family and consumer sciences context (economic, physical, mental, environmental, nutritional, global, etc.).
- Examine the development and support of sustainable communities.
- Examine the psycho social effect of the near environment (clothing and shelter) on individual and family well-being.
- Showcase methods to support family, economic, and lifestyle changes through family and consumer sciences knowledge base and practice (economic, physical, mental, environmental, nutritional, global, etc.).
- Address the lessons learned from economic challenges and help families plan for the future.
- Examine implications of lifestyle changes that occur throughout the lifespan (financial planning, long-term care, travel, fashion, communication, technology, housing, etc.)
- Discuss the role of the family and consumer sciences professional in family, economic, and lifestyle changes.
- Examine ways that lifestyle changes affect families and individuals.