AAFCS Membership Categories and Annual Dues
Membership is valid for one year, at which time members will receive a renewal invitation. Privileges of all members include affiliate membership, engaging in groups of the Association, discounted registration to the Annual Conference & Expo, and receipt of AAFCS' official publication, the Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences.
Professional Member $150*
- Members in the Professional category are individuals with a degree or professional-level credential who support the field of family & consumer sciences.
- Professional category members are eligible to hold elected office.
- Membership includes registration for live webinars offered by AAFCS' Professional Development Center.
*Special introductory rate of $100 is offered for the first year of Professional membership (one-year only).
- Members who meet the Professional category criteria who are retired and at least 60 years of age may elect the Emeritus category.
Student (Collegiate/Postsecondary) $50
- Members in the Student category are enrolled as full-time students in a postsecondary program, as confirmed by a completed Student Status Statement, below.
- Student category members are eligible to hold elected office, and will receive online access to the Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences.
**STUDENT STATUS STATEMENT
I am currently enrolled on a full-time basis
| Full Name of School/College/University/Institution (no acronyms)
|Faculty/Teacher Confirmation: I confirm that the applicant is a full-time student at my school/college/university/ institution.
Non-Profit Organization $500
Please contact email@example.com to apply for organizational membership.
- Organized group, agency, or business.
- Purpose in common with AAFCS, resulting in mutual benefits.
- Benefits include
- Three subscriptions to the Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences (JFCS).
- 5% discount on exhibit booths at Annual Conference & Expo.
- Members-only discount on registration for two representatives to attend the Annual Conference & Expo.
- Acknowledgment on AAFCS website with a link.
- One free half-page black & white inside ad in the JFCS OR 25% off 4-color inside full-page ad.
- One free sponsorship of monthly newsletter to all members (one issue).
How to Join:
- Online: In order to ensure the utmost accuracy of member informatoin and expedite membership processing, we prefer that you complete an online application, here. AAFCS accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- By phone: AAFCS also accepts credit card payments for membership by phone, at 800-424-8080 option "1."
- By fax or mail: Check, money order, and credit card payments are accepted via fax and mail. Download and complete our membership form, here (PDF).
Questions? 800.424.8080 or firstname.lastname@example.org