FCSfit kicks off new Funding Opportunity with National Partners!
AAFCS is excited to announce that it will be a facilitator of the Healthy for Life® 20 By 20 community nutrition program, an initiative led by Aramark and the American Heart Association (AHA). The purpose of this program is to provide food discovery experiences and nutrition education to community members within five geographically distinct markets.
AAFCS is a known leader in the family & consumer sciences field; as such, our members have demonstrated their commitment to empowering others with the skills needed to live an optimal quality of life and are well-poised to successfully implement this valuable program.
What is it?
Up to five Healthy for Life® 20 By 20 community nutrition program grants are available. Grants are $2,500 each and funds will be used to implement four educational experiences over a two to three-month period for an audience of 20-25 participants each time.
The primary target audience is individuals responsible for meal preparation in the home and families in under-resourced communities.
Desired outcomes include:
- Attain and build food literary (i.e., knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about healthy food) and increase knowledge of how to connect food choices with daily goals.
- Increase frequency around shopping and preparing healthy food.
- Increase confidence in shopping and preparing healthy home-cooked meals.
- Increase consumption of healthy foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains).
Successful AAFCS applicants (sub-grantees) will receive funding and AHA training and resources to effectively implement the Healthy for Life® community nutrition program and will submit a summary report in April 2020.
AAFCS members in good standing may apply on behalf of or in partnership with a supporting organization.
Grant Overview, Application & Scoring
- Grant applications are due September 15, 2019. (AAFCS reserves the right to extend the deadline as necessary and will publicize any extensions to members via electronic communication).
- Sub-grantees must be available to participate in a webinar training facilitated by AHA on October 15th at 4 PM ET.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences is proud to implement the Healthy for Life® 20 By 20 community program, an initiative led by Aramark and the American Heart Association. Healthy for Life® is a registered trademark of Aramark.