"Dining In" for Students
In addition to the general suggestions on how to participate in Family & Consumer Sciences Day, there are many more specific ways that family and consumer sciences students can promote this special event!
- Devote a Student Unit meeting to brainstorming the best ways to promote Family & Consumer Sciences Day on your campus.
- Invite a guest speaker to a meeting who can talk about a family meal-related topic.
- Host a booth or table on campus with Family & Consumer Sciences Day materials. Encourage those who stop by to “Dine In” on December 3rd and provide stickers to those who commit.
- Use social media to reach out to your friends and family and encourage them to commit to “Dining In” on December 3rd.
- Prepare and eat a healthy meal with Student Unit members on December 3rd and share on social media.
- Develop a Student Unit community service project, such as creating healthy meal recipes for a local food bank.
Please feel free to be creative and come up with ideas that work for best for your campus. If you’d like to share your ideas with us, email email@example.com.