FCSfit Project Grants
New! Apply for the 2019 FCSfit Project Grant! Due November 30th, 2018.
- The FCSfit Project Grant may be awarded to individuals or groups, though the project leader must be a current AAFCS member.
- Priority will be given to projects that are creative, innovative, collaborative, and replicable.
- Up to two grants will be awarded in 2018; the grant application period is open through November 30, 2018, and applicants will be notified no later than December 17, 2018.
- Funding will be awarded in January 2019.
- You may download a printable version of the online application form here prior to submitting online.
- If you have any questions, email Sophy Mott, director of affiliate and member programs and FCSfit liaison at email@example.com.
The two recipients of the 2017 FCSfit Project Grants are below. We're excited about the capacity for impact these grants have on individuals, families, and communities:
FCSfit KIDS: Promoting Healthy Eating and Physical Activity in a Family Mentor Experience Assignment
Meeshay Williams Wheeler, North Carolina
The purpose of the FCSfit
KIDS project is to provide leadership and guidance to college students on age and developmentally appropriate ways to teach young children about healthy eating and physical activity. Crockpots of KindnessNicole Graves, South Dakota
The purpose of the project will be to provide 18-20 food-insecure families with a crockpot complete with recipes and food budgeting tips/suggestions.