Vision & Mission
The Kansas Association of Family and Consumer Sciences is recognized as "the comprehensive and integrative source of knowledge and the primary voice focusing on family, individual and community well-being."
As a state affiliate of the AAFCS, the Kansas Association of Family and Consumer Sciences mission is to effect the optimum well-being of families and individuals by: empowering members to act on continuing and emerging concerns; focusing the expertise of members on critical issues; and assuming leadership among organizations with mutual purposes.
As a state affiliate of the AAFCS, the Kansas Association of Family and Consumer Sciences values:
- families as the fundamental social unit;
- research as a base for new and expanding knowledge;
- innovation, creativity, and the application of research to solve problems of individuals and families
- holistic, interdisciplinary, integrative, and preventive perspectives in addressing the issues of individuals and families as consumers;
- diverse choices members make to practice the profession;
- diversity, equality, and human rights;
- both global and community perspectives when addressing issues of individuals and families as consumers;
- reciprocal relationships between people and their environment which affect the quality of life;
- the forging of partnerships and collaborations with others who share mutual values and purposes;
- lifelong learning;
- a healthy global environment which positively impacts the human condition; and
- the profession as a force in shaping public policy.