Saturday, June 25, 9 AM – 10:30 AM
OPENING General Session: Education in Crisis
This General Session begins with Special Welcomes from Robert Van Dyke, AAFCS President! Jessica Raia-Long (State Executive Director, Florida Family, Career and Community Leaders of America) will bring greetings, a local school will lead the Pledge of Allegiance, followed by AAFCS Business, a Wellness Activity led by Jana Anderson (Family and Consumer Sciences Agent, UF/IFAS Extension Orange County), a serious discussion presentation on Education in Crisis, and more!
- Dr. Alisha Hyslop (Association for Career and Technical Education)
- Dr. Andra Johnson (Dean, University of Florida Extension Service)
- Dr. Michael Newman (Director, School of Human Sciences, Mississippi State University)
- Christina De-Simone (FCS Educator, Maryland)
- Jessica Raia-Long (Florida FCCLA)
Panel Facilitator: Dr. Susan Turgeson, CFCS (University of Wisconsin-Stout)
Attendees: please review the Wellness Activity waiver
and sign it. The Wellness Activity will take place in the last 10 minutes of each General Session throughout the conference.