Deadline Extended: March 31, 2021
Acceptance Notifications: April 30, 2021
The Community of Apparel, Textiles, and Design is now accepting entries for the 2021 Juried Showcase. Submit a publishable abstract and photos to showcase your best work in apparel design/clothing & wearable textile art, art & design/fiber/non-fiber, interior design/housing & textile art, and other creative areas. If selected, you will make an oral presentation and exhibit your work during the conference. Members and Nonmembers may submit.
Submission of an entry, or entries, indicates that submitter(s) or sponsoring AAFCS member agree(s) to register for the conference and make a presentation of the accepted work.
- Abstract (300 words) including: title of piece, purpose, processes, techniques, and materials. The abstract must be in Times New Roman, 12 font size, and a Word Document.
- Three (3) separate digital photos (jpg) must be included with this submission: front view, back view, and designer’s choice. Photographs must be individual files in JPEG formant, less than 1MB image size (file size). Each canvas size (actual image size if printed) should be approximately 4” x 6”.
- Submit Release Forms (click the link to download the forms)
- Photographer Release Form
- Model Release Form
- Designer Release Form
- Submit the appropriate PowerPoint Template (click the link to download the template)
- Professional Entry Template
- Student Entry Template
- All files must be labeled with the name of the piece and designer’s name.
- Pay the applicable entry fee. The application will not be considered complete until the fee is paid.
- Professional: AAFCS Member $25; NonMember $35
- Graduate Student: $15
- Undergraduate Student: $15
Application for Juried Showcase: Click here to submit the application and related files
Please note that you will be prompted to log into MyAAFCS to complete the application. If you do not know your log in credentials, click here. If you do not have a MyAAFCS account, click here to create a free profile.
Once the application is submitted, the applicant will receive a confirmation email that includes a link to pay the entry fee via credit card. Entries that are not submitted according to the guidelines above will not be considered for the juried showcase.
If you have any questions about the submissions or payment process, contact Lori Myers via email. If you have questions about the acceptance process or the Showcase as a whole, contact Farrell Doss, Chair of the Community of Apparel, Textiles, and Design via email.