amily and C
nnovator and T
rainer (FCS FIT) Network to facilitate the development of innovative and effective instructional resources and tools to "Advance Hands on Banking for Youth." Applications are being accepted for AAFCS members who would like to participate. A total of 12 FCS educators will be selected to develop innovative instructional tools and resources for Wells Fargo's Hands on Banking program. AAFCS anticipates selecting educators with a diverse set of experiences representing different geographic locations, practice settings, and levels of experience in teaching and curriculum/program development.Criteria for FCS FIT Network: FCS educators who
The FCS FIT Network Educators would agree to work in teams to:
- are current AAFCS members (if you are not a member, click here to join now);
- has previously or is currently providing financial education in an academic (middle, secondary, or post-secondary), community-based (Extension) , or student/youth organization (FCCLA, 4-H, etc) program or setting;
- can commit to completing responsibilities by January, 2022;
- are familiar with national standards related to financial education and FCS education;
- have a passion for and personal commitment to financial education for youth; and
- desire to develop and share creative, innovative, and effective instructional resources and tools with others.
AAFCS will provide each of the FCS FIT Network Educators with:
- Review the Hands on Banking Toolkit and Lessons;
- Update and align Hands on Banking lessons to national financial literacy standards and National FCS Standards;
- Develop 2-3 innovative instructional strategies for enhance the Hands on Banking lessons;
- Present a 45-minute professional development webinar to showcase and highlight the newly developed strategies and tools; and
- Record and share podcasts that promote awareness of the Hands on Banking program and newly developed instructional tools and resources.
- an opportunity to sit for the Personal and Family Finance Educator exam ($165 value);
- reimbursement of the certification application fee for the Certified Personal and Family Finance Educator (CPFFE) credential ($185 value); and
- a $1,000 stipend for classroom resources, materials, and professional development related to financial education.
to submit an application for the FCS FIT Network by October 8th. The kick-off/orientation session for the FCS FIT Network is Monday, October 18th.
Questions regarding this application and project should be directed to Lori Myers
With community grant funding from Wells Fargo, AAFCS is convening a