Thank you for your interest in being a presenter for our Professional Development program. AAFCS is committed to offering top quality professional development opportunities to those within the FCS Industry. This includes individuals in multiple practice settings. Our goal is to be seen as the go-to resource for FCS Professional Development.
We rely on individuals such as yourself to bring forward their expertise and experience. While content is one piece of the puzzle, the other component for a successful webinar is delivery style. Presenting to an online audience is a very different experience from presenting in person. Our planning and production process (detailed on page 3) is required for every presenter. We have found these steps to be instrumental in producing a successful webinar and appreciate your understanding of the time that is involved in being a part of this process.
In submitting your proposal, please be aware of the following:
• All proposals are reviewed before being accepted.
• Typical length of our webinars is 30 minutes. If content requires additional time, we can consider dividing content into two 30 minute webinars.
• All webinars are pre-recorded. These recordings are available on our website for up to three years.
• To submit a proposal, please fill out the information below.
• If accepted, the presentation must be submitted as a PowerPoint and may not exceed 25,000 kb.
• Videos and internet links may NOT be included in PowerPoint. Internet links can be set up outside the PowerPoint presentation as a resource.
Our goal is to offer information relevant to each of the FCS Content Areas:
- Culinary Arts, Hospitality and Tourism
- Education and Training
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Housing and Interior Design
- Human/child Development and Family Relations
- Personal and Family Finance
- Textiles, Apparel and Retailing
- General FCS