What is it?Up to TEN Healthy for Life® 20 By 20 community nutrition program grants are available again this year. Grants are $2,500 each and funds will be used to implement four educational experiences over a two-three month period for an audience of 20-25 participants each time. The primary target audience is individuals responsible for meal preparation in the home and families in under-resourced communities. Desired outcomes include:
AAFCS is excited to announce Year THREE of its role as a facilitator of the American Heart Association's (AHA) Healthy for Life® 20 By 20 community nutrition program. The purpose of this program is to provide food discovery experiences and nutrition education to communities across the nation.
AAFCS was again selected to partner with AHA because our association members have demonstrated their commitment to empowering others with the skills needed to live an optimal quality of life, and are thus well-poised to successfully meet the goals of this program.
- Attain and build food literary (i.e., knowledge, attitudes and beliefs about healthy food) and increase knowledge of how to connect food choices with daily goals.
- Increase frequency around shopping and preparing healthy food.
- Increase confidence in shopping and preparing healthy home-cooked meals.
- Increase consumption of healthy foods (fruits, vegetables, whole grains).
- Successful AAFCS applicants (sub-grantees) will receive funding and AHA training and resources to effectively implement the Healthy for Life® community nutrition program.
- Deadline for Submission: August 31, 2021 (AAFCS reserves the right to extend the deadline as necessary and will publicize any extensions to members via electronic communication).
- Grant award notifications will be sent by September 20, 2021.
- Applicants should be aware that grant recipients will be required to attend an introductory webinar in October with AAFCS and AHA Staff.
- Recipients will conduct four educational experiences over a period of two-three months. Ideally, AHA recommends that the educational experiences be offered every two (2) weeks, if possible.
- Project summary report due in May 2022.
Current AAFCS members may apply on behalf of or in partnership with a supporting organization.
Previous grant recipients may apply provided that 1) a different participant audience will be served and 2) complete evaluation data was submitted for the previous grant period.
Grant Overview, Application & Scoring
Click here to learn more about the funding opportunity! Please email Lori Myers with any questions.