Beginning in 1987, the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) certification program now proudly offers three gold-standard, assessment-based certifications for Family and Consumer Sciences professionals:
- CFCS: Certified in Family and Consumer Sciences
- CFCS-HDFS: Certified in Human Development and Family Studies
- CFCS-HNFS: Certified in Hospitality, Nutrition, and Food Science
The professional certifications are:
- developed by content experts and leaders,
- consistent with national content standards, and
- open to professionals across related disciplines and practice settings.