FCSRJ Emerging Scholar Award
The purpose of the FCSRJ Emerging Scholar Award is to recognize new scholars in family and consumer sciences. The award was established in 2010.
The selection procedure is as follows:
- At the end of each calendar year, the Editor compiles a list of all of the articles published in the four issues of the Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal (FCSRJ).
- To be considered for the Emerging Scholar Award, the first author of the article must be a tenure track Assistant Professor at the time the article was selected for publication.
- Next the Editor will select a committee from the Editorial Board members and the Associate Editors (AE). If the article is from a discipline that the Associate Editor represents, he or she is not eligible to serve on the Selection Committee and the Editor will find another AE to serve on the committee.
- The Selection Committee is asked to consider these criteria: the research topic should be original, the research design and methodology should reflect high standards, and the article should have the potential to make a lasting contribution to family and consumer sciences.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right not to bestow the award on an annual basis.
- After a selection is made by the committee, the Editor will invite the winner to attend the Annual Conference of the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS) and to present a summary of his or her article. The presentation will take place with the presentations by the Best Paper and Outstanding Paper winners.
The winner will receive a plaque and monetary award. The Emerging Scholar will receive a complimentary one-day registration to attend the AAFCS Annual Conference and present the article. Additionally, the Emerging Scholar will receive a one-year complimentary AAFCS membership and FCSRJ subscription.